Monday, August 1, 2011

big day

Had NT scan.  Was 1.0 which is apparently very good.  Nasal bone looked good.  It went well.  Then my doc started talking to me about some genetic testing we were missing.  I got nervous about telling anyone at work because what if the tests came back problematic.  So quickly went from celebrating the nt scan to worrying about my Ashkenazic panel.  I just decided there will be more of these worries my whole pregnancy... and i'm not waiting until after the anatomy scan at 20 weeks to tell people.  So I did.  Everyone was so sweet about it.  They've watched me struggle through 2 years of trying... it was so weird to get to experience a moment I'd been looking forward to for so long when it all still feels surreal.

I feel so much better that it's not a secret.  Still feel shy about the whole thing... still have friends I haven't told yet.  But I feel a huge weight has been lifted.

1 comment:

  1. happy for you that you were able to start sharing your news. i hope with every day you have less worry. still thinking about you each and every day!

    ReplyDelete