Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I gave life to something... then I ate it.



Right after ivf #1 failed... I realized I had done nothing productive during the months I had off from work. Yes, yes, I was busy with doc appts, injections, etc, etc... but at the end of it I had nothing to show for all my hard work. So I ran out and knowing NOTHING about gardening, bought a ton of plants and veggies and herbs to start a garden. I've been meaning to for a while, and I wanted to create something and see hard work pay off (in at least one area of my life). So I toiled... I was insanely sore for days after my 2day gardening spurt. And finally a week or 2 later, there are fruits and veggies growing! I picked 2 ripe strawberries today and ate them. To be totally upfront, those strawberries existed when I bought the plant -- but I didn't kill them! I nurtured them with water, sun, love and ignorance... and then I ate them. It was very exciting. I haven't had many successes lately. I hope to one day grow a baby, and if/when that happens... I will not eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment