Sunday, September 12, 2010

My ovaries are 8 cms each... the size of lemons.


a normal sized ovary is about 2.5cms.  The RE who did my ultrasound was concerned about how many follicles I have... that I'm in the 100th percentile.  I told him this happened last fresh cycle and I didn't overstimulate, but he said it often happens after you become pregnant and it is not only very uncomfortable, but can lead to miscarriage.  He also said my lining is not awesome.  It's still an 8, but there is no pretty pattern on it.

The good news it the cycle isn't cancelled.  Retrieval is Tues. and transfer is Friday.  The RE said he recommends a day 3 transfer of 3 embryos considering where my lining is and my OHSS (over stim) possibility.   So... here we go.  I'm not feeling as excited after today, but maybe that's a good thing.  We have about 15 mature follicles, so maybe well get another good batch of eggs out.  And maybe my lining will pull through.  One skill DH and I have acquired out of all this: we can breeze through IVF consent forms like we're scratching off lotto tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment