Thursday, July 8, 2010

Do I look skinnier?

Cause I had an endometrial biopsy today!  I am just now de-groggifying from my morning drugs.  As you can tell, I survived the procedure.  The other good news: they didn't find anything weird.  Now we just wait for the biopsy results to hopefully comeback normal.  My BF/coworker told me that when people asked where I was today (not my boss, he already knows) she just explained that since we do everything together, and she already went through infertility, that now it's my turn.  I'm glad I can just show up tomorrow and they'll all know without me having to tell them.


As I was being put under this morning, I was feeling so upset for all the women who need procedures like I was having but never get this far because of money.  Then I read this today:
"Fewer than 150,000 IVF procedures (out of a pool of more than 1.5 million women/couples that are believed to be in need of IVF) are currently performed yearly in the United States. In other words, fewer than 10% of patients who need IVF gain access to this treatment. "  I need to look into what to do to change this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment