Sunday, July 11, 2010

when does the change of perspective happen?

So, there's a girl I barely knew in high school who is very open with her personal life on Facebook.  Melissa.  She got pregnant last year, posted it right away.  A few weeks later, miscarried, and posted all about that, too.  My heart went out to her.  So when she got pregnant again, she posted all about that, too.  As I'm bombarded daily with her ultrasounds, nursery pics, horrible, cheesy name polls... even though it's annoying, I still remember when she lost her last pregnancy.  This morning (as I am up since 4 am  because I have weird heartburn) I read her Facebook post about being up with heartburn, too.  She went on to say she's "so over it" ("it" being her pregnancy.  So, at what point after you struggle with getting/staying pregnant do you drop that feeling of being so amazed and happy that you are having a healthy pregnancy and start whining about how inconvenient it all is?  I'm sure someday when I'm pregnant, I'll do the same.. but now sitting here on the other side of it where I wish I was up from pregnancy heartburn and not because I tried to eat/drink myself happy last night from this constant fog of IF depression - I'm so over it.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted you to know that I completely understand how you feel. I feel this way all the time. If you would like, you can check out my blog.

    ReplyDelete