Friday, March 11, 2011

10 hours!

I saw an acupuncturist who specializes in fertility stuff.  She was awesome.  I went in so wary of this stuff... just looking for a calm place to relax... she knew everything I talked about, she's familiar with all the ivf stuff.  SUCH a relief to not have to explain myself.  She had me go through my whole history and it all sounds so crazy when you string it together.  Anyway, she really got me refocused on my cycle.  She advised me not to try and lose weight now or exercise too hard because my body is about to go through a lot and it needs to be focused on my eggs and lining and not freaking out from shock of cutting calories or intense workouts.  I'm scared to not try and get on this weight but I recognize this is not the time for it.  So, I took her diet advice (green, leafy veggies, lots of berries, protein) and her recommendation to keep working out but keep it all peaceful and pleasureful.  She said I can do yoga but only restorative yoga cause once I start my shots, I can't do any poses that might risk torquing my swollen ovaries.  So... I'm going to try and keep it all in moderation this cycle and if it works, I'm happy. If it doesn't work, I'm all set to jump into weight watchers and crazy exercise to get the weight off.  And I'll just have to try to eat right the next few weeks.

Also, she said I should be sleeping 10 hours when I'm cycling!!!  Done!!!  If she's right this is good for me, and if she's wrong, what a good excuse to sleep in!  Love her.  Wish I'd been going to her all along. But glad BFF recommended her.  Hope my insurance covers it!

No comments:

Post a Comment