Friday, March 25, 2011

a better day

Today was tear free.  Got stuff done around the house.  Went to lunch with a lovely lady.  Even decided to go to a restorative yoga class for the first time.

This is literally a pose from that type of class:

It was full of poses that felt like I was barely even stretching.  A pose came where I felt uncomfortable doing it (doctor's orders - no inversions) and the instructor came over to check on me.  I told him I had that due to some medical issues I couldn't do it.  He said he needed to know what.  I felt so embarrassed. I don't know why.  I'm not usually too shy about my ivf stuff, but having to whisper my ivf details to a skinny yoga dude while the rest of the class listened made me so uncomfortable.  It was okay... the guy thought really hard to adjust my poses.  As much as the class felt too easy... I needed to be there.  I was as limited as the old ladies and people with hip problems there.  Though it felt like i was doing nothing, I felt pretty good when I left.  Though it's a nice reminder that I actually do like classes that really challenge me and as soon as I'm able to, I'd like to get back to that stuff.  I should be grateful that I am physically able to exercise and do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment